New breakfast items include oatmeal and yogurt, two of the top three most popular menu items nationwide at breakfast.
Steel-cut oatmeal is available with optional mix-ins such as dried fruit, walnuts, brown sugar and toasted almonds, and priced at $4.79. A non-fat Greek-style strawberry yogurt is served in a parfait with fruit and granola, and priced at $4.29. Friendly’s has also introduced bigger pancakes and thicker toast.
Other new breakfast items include:
- Bananas Foster Pancakes: Pancakes topped with sliced bananas and brown sugar caramel sauce.
- Brioche French Toast: Three slices of French toast topped with whipped cream.
- Red Velvet Waffles: Topped with strawberries and whipped cream.
- Eggs Benedict:
- Philly Steak & Cheese on an Everything Bagel: Shaved grilled ribeye steak with melted American cheese and two extra large fried eggs.
- Chorizo Scrambler: Scrambled eggs with chorizo, Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheeses.
New lunch and dinner menu items include:
- Buffalo Wings: Served with celery sticks and blue cheese dressing.
- Cheeseburger Sliders: Three sliders topped with American cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, pickle chips and a Roasted Red Pepper Garlic dipping sauce.
- Spinach Salad: With sliced egg; mushrooms; applewood smoked bacon; red onions; grape tomatoes; ciabatta croutons; and a choice of grilled chicken, turkey tips or salmon.
- Turkey Tip Avocado Salad: With grilled turkey tips, applewood-smoked bacon, sliced avocado, grape tomatoes and blue cheese crumbles.
- Burger Salad: A burger patty on mixed greens, bacon, Fried onion crisps, grape tomatoes, and Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses.
- Crispy Chipotle Ranch SuperMelt: Breaded chicken tenders with chipotle ranch dressing, melted Cheddar cheese and applewood-smoked bacon, served on sourdough bread.
- Philly Steak & Cheese SuperMelt: Shaved rib eye mixed with melted American cheese, green peppers and sautéed onions, served on grilled honey dill rye bread.
- Salmon: Seasoned, grilled and served on roasted potatoes, onions and peppers with an optional Hollandaise drizzle.
- Turkey Tips: Grilled and served with broccoli and rice pilaf with a choice of barbecue or teriyaki sauce.
- Meatloaf: Grilled and served in a ketchup glaze with mashed potatoes and corn.
- Chicken Parmesan: Served on garlic and herb vegetable pasta.
- Fish Tacos: Battered cod fillets with Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses, cabbage, chipotle sauce, cilantro and tortilla strips, served with Spanish rice, sour cream, salsa and a lime wedge.
- Mac & Cheese: Penne mixed with prosciutto and topped with a crouton crumble, served with a side salad.
- Bacon Cheeseburger: Served on a grilled brioche roll.
- All American Burger: Served with lettuce, tomato, red onion and mayonnaise on a brioche roll.
- Swiss Mushroom Burger:
- Chicken Spinach Wrap: Grilled chicken, baby spinach, applewood smoked bacon, hard boiled egg wedges, mushrooms, red onions, diced tomatoes and bacon dressing, served in a whole wheat wrap.
- Turkey Avocado Wrap: With grilled turkey tips, lettuce, applewood smoked bacon, diced avocado, diced tomato, blue cheese crumbles and blue cheese dressing, served in a whole wheat wrap.
- Friendly’s Chili Dog: A 9 inch beef hot dog with diced onions, chili Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses, and tortilla strips.
- Friendly’s All American Dog: A 9 inch beef hot dog with mustard, relish and red onions.
For dessert, Fribbles, the chain’s signature milkshakes, are now made with ice cream instead of soft serve.
Other new sweets include:
- Forbidden Fudge Brownie: Made with Forbidden Chocolate ice cream with brownie chunks, hot fudge, Swiss Chocolate and sprinkles
- Caramel Fudge Brownie Sundae: A warm brownie covered with two scoops of vanilla and one scoop of Forbidden Chocolate ice cream, hot fudge, caramel and whipped topping.
A new limited-time ice cream flavor, Toasted Marshmallow Peanut Butter Supreme, has also been added. The ice cream features toasted marshmallow ice cream mixed with chopped peanut butter cups and swirls of toffee ripple.